Focusing on At-risk and Incarcerated Youth
Teacher training is available to assist teachers and students wanting to expand their experience and yoga practice. The workshops are about teaching YOUTH who are at risk - we have hatha, vinyassa, bickram instructors as well as kundalini. Although the workshops are meant for certified yoga teachers who want to teach urban & incarcerated youth, the workshops have benefits for all. New yoga students, educators and detention staff are always welcome.
Seattle Area Training March 5-6 with Krishna Kaur
No teacher or student will be turned away do to lack of funds
Kirtan with Shantala and Krishna Kaur together Friday March 4th 8-9:30pm
Krishna Kaur Yoga Training Workshop Saturday and Sunday March 5th-6th
Join us Friday March 4th in benefiting our ongoing volunteer yoga classes at local Youth Detention Centers and Adult Correctional Facilities! www.jailhouseyoga.com
Hey! Why would
YOU take the Yoga for
Consider registering for the training on Saturday and Sunday,
• If you are a PARENT of an adolescent or pre-adolescent who wants to develop better communication strategies for challenging times
• If you are a TEACHER (academic, yoga, adult-ed, or other) who wants new and highly effective strategies for directing and elevating your class at moments when things feel out of control, stuck, or just not going right.
• If you are in a LEADERSHIP role and looking for creative ways to reach those who seek guidance from you...or those who don’t want to seek guidance from you!
• If you work or volunteer with YOUTH or at-risk/troubled youth...or if you have hopes of working or volunteering with kids someday.
• If you want to make a positive change in the FUTURE of children whom most of us cast aside...and thus in the future of general society.
• If you want to learn more about Yoga for Youth, an incredible SERVICE organization that has been helping youth for decades.
• If you want to study with Krishna Kaur, an INSPIRING and EXPERIENCED teacher and community leader who founded Yoga for Youth and the International Association for Black Yoga Teachers
We are honored
to host Yoga for Youth and Krishna Kaur
We salute their
long tradition of volunteer work,
tuned for a fundraiser for Yoga for Youth on the evening of
You are all welcome. This will be a great time to meet Krishna and to discover more about this important opportunity to grow in knowledge and compassion.
If you would like to assist in the planning of the fundraiser, let us know!